Sunday, April 29, 2007

Burning the Midnight Oil, or, errr, Acrylic . . .

Almost Spring
8 x 10 original acrylic on canvas


Well, it's 1:30 am and I just finished the piece I was working on. I'm quite satisfied with it. The warmth of the shinning sun comes through, even though it's a winter scene. I didn't think I'd manage to complete it today, but as the night wore on, I couldn't let myself stop until I finished it. That brings me much satisfaction!

My niece's birthday's coming up soon, so my brother and his wife are having a little do for her tomorrow. My niece is quite the artist also, and also a big horse lover, as many little girls are. Well, not so little anymore; she'll be 13. And already surpassing her mother and me in height! Over the last little while, I've gotten into the habit of feeding her love of art and buying her gifts to encourage her talent. This time she'll be getting a set of paints, brushes, and canvases. She loves to show me horses she's drawn, so I can't wait to see her first horse painting! Maybe I'll get her started with a lesson . . . I think she'd absolutely love that. I'd like to post her first horse painting here too someday.

Well, the morning will come soon, so I should head to bed. G'night!

No comments: