Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Black Draft

Black Draft
11 x 14 original acrylic on canvas


I've been working on this all week, though I was a little behind schedule completing it. I've also been busy finishing up other paintings.

This draft horse is one I took many pictures of at the fair a few weeks back. Blacks are so beautiful, and a challenge to paint. Many tend to just see and paint black, but blacks are rarely purely black. They have so many wonderful colours dancing around in their coats, especially under sunlight. When one really looks closely, one can see various shades of blues, purples, reds, and browns. From afar, they appear more black, but close up, they're a wonderful display of colours. I painted this one trying to be true to the various changes in colours. This big guy had an equally beautiful partner. Enjoy!

No comments: