Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Making Do

The weather's been miserable, and the renovations are still going on, but I'm still turning the lemons into lemonade! Yes, my kitchen is still serving as a temporary studio and I've been busy working on a western piece. Betcha ya wanna see it eh! Not yet. I'm taking my sweet time with this one. I don't want to rush, especially since I have to stiffle my impatience at working under less than desirable circumstances. It's quite funny though since my painting is the most action my kitchen's seen in a while! Okay, so now you know a secret of mine. I hate to cook!

We did have a nice sunny day today however, which has been quite rare in these parts of the north this summer. I don't remember ever having so much rain and cool weather. Once May hits, it's usually dry until September. Summer seems to be passing us by this year, starting with a colder than usual spring that's stretching into the summer months. At least the grass is green, the trees are growing, and it gives us time to do work inside the house! See, making lemonade. And producing concoctions in my kitchen. As soon as I'm done, I'll show you what's been cooking on my easel. Ta-ta for now!

No comments: