Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cafe Regular

Café Regular
18 x 14 original acrylic on canvas


Some paintings just seem to flow right off the brush. That's exactly how it was with this painting. I'd originally intended for this painting to be a street scene, painted from reference photos my aunt, the globe trotter, gave me. It was a morning scene from a café in Morrocco, but after looking at the photos, I'd zeroed in on this little bird, dropping in for a sip of juice. It was just too much of a sweet scene! Gotta love a painting that just comes together so smoothly . . .

After ruminating over Counting Blessings, I've decided to make some changes. I've got other pieces I want to get to for the moment however, so I'll wait a while before getting back to it. So many paintings to do, so little time!

No comments: