Friday, December 14, 2007

A Gift for Me

Here's a little something I made for me, my version of Da Vinci's St. John the Baptist. I needed some fresh art for a certain room in my house and had intended to paint this for years. It's definitely not Da Vinci, but it's good enough for me! It'll look great in a frame I have that's been sitting there empty, waiting for this piece. It took about 3 hours to do and I could continue on it, but naw, it's good enough to hang in my house. Sometimes you just gotta call her done! Pardon the glare on the painting. The glare takes away so much.

I've always loved this painting, how St John emerges from the dark and glows in the light. It was actually my inspiration for Angelic and has given me ideas for many other paintings. So, this was the result of a little play time for me. Gotta get back to real work now!

No comments: