Sunday, December 2, 2007

Newest Piece

Counting Blessings
30 x 24 original acrylic on canvas

After over a month of working on this one, it's pretty much done. Of course, I always allow myself some time to work out stuff if needed, make adjustments, see if anything needs fixing. Sometimes you don't notice things until later, so I like to sit on a painting for a while. I usually put it away, then take it out some later time and try and look at it with fresh eyes. It's amazing how when you've been working on someting for so long, you tend to not see anymore.

There are a few other pieces that I have on the go as well. Funny, used to be that I wasn't one of those artists who'd work on more than one painting at a time, and now here I am doing it. I find when I'm working on a large piece such as Counting Blessings, it's nice to pull back for a day or two and play with something else.

I've also closed my Cafe Press store. Being on dial up, I just wasn't able to upload decent size photos for the products I wanted to sell. So, if I can't sell what I want, there's just no point. Gone, bye-bye! Maybe at a later time, if ever high speed makes its way into my part of the stix, then I'll do something again.

Until next time, take care eh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking through your blog and comented on another post. BUT THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!! I love it. It's absolutly beautiful Carole. GOOD WORK. I ride (mostly trail ride, and a little ring work), and I find myself in this "place" alot. Just alone reflecting. I feel this painting.(if that makes sense) Thanks for painting it.
Nancy From..........
Moosehorn Ridge.

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thanks again Nancy! Actually, I've been thinking of re-doing the background on this one. I haven't touched it yet because I'm really thinking hard before I touch it!

Anonymous said...

I'll make sure to keep an eye on your blog to see if you change it then. I'd love to see what you end up with. I think it's perfect the way it i. But not seeing the original and understanding an artist's thoughts on "what it's supose to be", I can't hold it against you. hehehehehe
Good luck.
Nancy From
Moosehorn Ridge