Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Horse!

Untitled
11 x 14 acrylic on canvas

Yup. Got irritated painting roses so I snuck a horse in there. Now that was much more relaxing . . . Pardon the picture however, it is distorted. The pic makes the horse look kinda on the stubby side, with the face squished down and not looking as long as it really is. Seems taking a picture with the camera on the flip side for longer shots distorts the photos. Hhhhmmmm . . . I'm not sure what I'll do for a decent pic. I also have one minor touch up for the sky and then it's really done. But this one's for me and is going to hang in my home. I have a frame waiting for him.

So, you now know that I've put aside the other painting for the horse. But I will return to the other piece soon! I might replace the roses with grapes. I like grapes. Much easier to paint than roses too. Sure, I can paint impressionistic roses, but that's not what I was going for, and hating to paint flowers, well, you tend to not be as good as when you love your subject. So, grapes it is.

I'm also really looking forward to tomorrow. We're going to see Blue Rodeo!!! Heee hawwww!!!!
I'll tell you guys all about it Sunday. Sorry, but I won't have time to post until then. Saturday's a busy day also. Until then, toodaloo!

No comments: