Monday, May 5, 2008

New Interest

Man From Egypt
10 x 8 acrylic on canvas

This painting was done after seeing a reference from Patrick Hedges on Wet Canvas. Thanks Patrick!

I painted this on impulse, I must say. In the last several months, I've been poring through the internet looking at photorealism. Many people aren't fans of photorealism, but I am. I'm in awe of artists who can create a piece of art that cannot be distinguished from a photo, or real life. Painting people has never been an interest of mine either, but fascinating people, strange or interesting situations, different and unique faces all inspire me lately. So, I might start taking interesting and different photos of people and see what I can do. This painting was practice at honing skills and going for photorealism. It's not perfect, and I know there's more work I could've done, but for an 8 hour painting, I must say it ain't too shaby. Painting this one was fun and I can't wait to encounter people in different situations and do more of these. But don't call me a people portrait artist!

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Far out!!!! That is deadset brilliant Carole! I wish I had this guy's address, I'd send him a copy. Excellent work

Carole Rodrigue said...

Patrick, thanks so much for the comment and for the reference!