Monday, August 11, 2008

Popping In

Window Light
11 x 14 original acrylic


Work in Progress

Yes, my bad. I haven't been here in over a month, so slap me silly. But it wasn't all my fault, I swear! The Internet has really been awful in these parts lately and uploading pages was nearly impossible, never mind taking care of my email or trying to blog. So, spending time online was nothing but frustrating, so one tends to give up after a while. Better that than throwing the darned puter out the window, eh!

I must also confess that painting has been a rare occurence this summer. And I can't blame summer weather because we're still waiting for summer to get here. I did however complete the above piece recently (Window Light), and have a few on the go. The photo showing the work in progress is but a small part of a larger piece which I'm still working on and hoping to complete this week. If all goes well that is. So, I won't show the rest because I do so hate to show a work in progress. I'll share a pic once competed.

I've also been working on the sketches for a new piece I've been itching to do for a few weeks of a little girl and her father, which I'd photographed at a rodeo. The painting is such a beautiful father/daughter scene, and I'm hoping to eventually have limited edition signed prints made with a portion of profits going to a popular charity which benefits children. I'll have more details once everything's finalized, so let's all hope this piece turns out like what I'm envisioning! In the mean time, I'll be working on not only the painting, but making contacts and working on details for the fund raiser. Stay tuned for this one.

Also, have you been staying up to date on the development of the Cadeau du Cheval mural? If not, be sure to check out http://www.muralmosaic.com/Cadeau.html to see just how beautifully this mural's coming along. There are so many wonderful panels which have been added and yours truly's is on there also. The final unveiling will be at the Masters at Spruce Meadows (AB) in just a few short weeks! Now that's really, really exciting since we artists don't even know what the final mural will look like and have to wait along with the rest of you to see the final masterpiece! Neat eh! So I'm really looking forward to seeing it completed. Keep watching its progress!

Gotta go, but I WILL be back soon! Have a great week everyone!

No comments: