Thursday, October 30, 2008

Settling In

Woowee! Finally all moved in and working hard at trying to get organized. The new house is still full of unpacked boxes, but things are coming along and we're really enjoying the new house. Seems my girls (cats) are enjoying it too!

The first couple of days were just awful for those poor babies. They just didn't seem to understand being plucked away from their little paradise and moved to this strange place, full of strange people coming and going. But by Monday, they seemed to be adapting and in fact, even starting to love the place. Strange. My one cat, Mitsou, is such a shy cat with a delicate disposition as well, easily prone to being scared and upset. She seemed to take the move the hardest, and now seems to be enjoying the new place the most. It would appear my little chicken cat is loving the new hiding places, new places to run around in, and new hiding places to watch people from. Jinx, on the other hand, is completely non-challant (sp? Sorry, dictionnary packed and I don't trust spellcheckers.) about it all. Once the dust settled, so to speak, she didn't seem to be fazed by anything at all.

I'm still trying to get used to establishing a new routine, especially in the mornings while trying to get ready for work. It's hard for a girl to be efficient when trying to find her makeup and stuff, yanno! All in good time, eh . . .

Being in town though is turning out to be as great as I'd expected. I'm saving myself so much time not travelling, and it's also great to be able to go to the mall and be back home in less than 10 minutes. Oh yeah, baby!!! Hmm, might be costly too . . .

The paints are still packed up, but I fully expect to do something this weekend in between unpacking and settling in. I was also thinking about going back to small format, miniature paintings for a while again. There are so many large unfinished pieces that I can't seem to get back to, that I've decided painting small might be the solution for a while. Boy, it's been so long since I've done those and I now realize that I've missed painting small. The satisfaction of completing a piece in a day or two is fulfilling and I like to feel productive.

So, anyway, gotta go, but I hope everyone has a safe and awesome Halloween! I'll be busy with the Halloweenies this year, for the first time in 15 yrs. We didn't get any out in the country, so it should be fun. So have a great one everybody, and I'll be back real soon with a miniature!

No comments: