Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Work in Progress

Work in Progress

Boy, it's been a while again . . . but this is part of a larger piece that I'm currently working on. This is my cat, Mitsou. Mitsou wears her name well. She's a real little princess, and just such a sweet and delicate cat. I've been working on this piece for a few weeks now and there's still quite a bit to go. I'm not sure either if I'll post the full piece until later this year. I've my reasons, so I'll think about it. Well, my reason is that this piece is going so well I'd like to get into competitions, so I don't want to jinx myself by posting the whole piece. Silly superstition . . .

Speaking of Jinx, that's my other cat, and she wears her name well too, so I'm not sure if I'll paint her just yet. Lol. I actually do have pieces in mind for her too.

Things have been busy for me here too and I was hoping things would slow down, but they haven't yet. I'm waiting for that early spring and really looking forward to warmer weather again and getting outside. We're still settling in the new house and still have work to do in here like painting walls and such. Seems to take so long to find yourself in a new place. I find myself still turning in circles looking for stuff, and my studio is still a confusing place. Just when my other studio had been finished at the lake house, we just had to up and sell the place. Now we're planning on building a studio here. For now I'm just using up part of the basement and I am lost!!! So, hopefully I'll find myself in that space after it's built. Building should start in March, so here we go with busy again.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully it doesn't take me a month to post again. It does get hard though when there isn't much that I'm ready to show. I look at so many blogs that just post about, well, nothing. I'm not so sure I want to post every day just to tell people about what kind of sandwich I ate that day. Do people really care about this stuff anyway? Or do people want to read relevant content. I opt for relevancy.

So folks, I'll be back soon, and with relevant stuff! ;-D You all take care in the mean time!

2 comments:

José said...

Hi Carol,

What an awsome painting !
I was recently offered an acrylic set and will try them soon to see how I get along.

Take care,

José

Carole Rodrigue said...

José, thank you so much, and thanks for dropping in again! Hope you've been doing well. I promise you'll like it even more when you see the whole painting. But not yet . . .

And have fun with the acrylics. If you need any help or have any questions, don't be shy and ask away. I don't want to use anything else now; I love them so much!