Monday, March 30, 2009

Boat Finished

Relic
16 x 20 original acrylic


Here's a piece I finished last week but had camera problems, so I couldn't post before. But, voila!

If anyone's ever been to Killarney in Ontario, then you've definitely seen this old boat. I've had this picture for over a year and wanted to paint this boat for such a long time. Well, I finally painted it.

And wait until you see what I'm currently working on. It's a huge still life, 30 x 40, and it's such a dramatic piece! It's tenebrism, which is something I always enjoy painting. I love bringing things into the light from blackness. Though it's a still life, there's something horsey in there too. I'm almost done this painting too, even though it's such a huge one. It's been such a treat to paint that I've barely been able to put my brushes down. So, I'm hoping to be done by this weekend. I've only got a couple of objects left to paint, so I'm hoping it shouldn't take long. Except that one of those objects is a clock, and boy oh boy, it does require a lot of precise detail work.

So, check back this weekend, or better yet, subscribe to my blog. That way you're sure to get the updates as soon as they're posted! Trust me, you'll definitely want to see the still life!

No comments: