Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Horse Piece

Unconditional
18 x 24 original acrylic


Here's the latest horse piece. I just love spring and the arival of new foals. This one was born locally and I was lucky enough to get permission to paint them. The painting to me represents the first tender greeting between mother and baby, that silent promise to love unconditionally, and to always be there to protect and nuture. Must be a woman thing . . .

And for more news, we finally have the Cadeau du Cheval books. I am officially a published artist! YAY!! Yup, me! Of course family members are going to get a complimentary copy from me, but I also have an idea for a fundraiser and have already got the wheels in motion on this one and am awaiting for final word.

The book is a small one, containing a page of each artist's individual painted panel for the gigantic mural, with the artist's information behind their painting. Each painting is numbered, just like the grid at the Mural Mosaic site. By following the numbers, one can easily recreate the mural which becomes the size of a horse. It can also be a fun activity for families and schools, as well as for fundraisers. If anyone is interested in purchasing one from me, they retail for $25.00 CND, and now that's a pretty good deal! I might post pictures of the book soon when I can find a little more time. Got more paintings to start yanno . . .

In closing, I'd like to post this link for a YouTube video my best friend Louise sent me tonight. It's just too hilarious and had me in tears. It's a great way to end the day, especially if you need to put a smile on your face. So, here's the link, and enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg

No comments: