Saturday, August 1, 2009

Life's a Bowl of . . .

Kettle & Cherries
16 x 20 original acrylic


Here's my latest piece, painted from a layout in my kitchen. I've finally been able to complete it now that I've had a few days off from work. Well, almost complete. There's a little tweaking I want to do, but it's pretty much done. Thank God for vacation time! Seems there's just never enough time to paint when you work full time, but I make sure to try and squeeze in at least one hour per day, and more on days off.

This has become a habit now, and by 8:00 pm, that's my painting time. If I don't make it to the studio by then, things don't feel right with me. I've been doing this for about 6 months now, and while I'm still not painting as much as I'd like to, my brain subconsciously knows it needs to be painting at a certain time, and if I'm not, it lets me feel it. Strange, but it's the same feeling you get if you're late for work. So, if you're an artist who can't find time, maybe try this. I sure didn't invent the wheel, but it's something I've heard and read about from many artists throughout the years, and it works. It's also amazing how much you can accomplish in an hour!

Now, back to the painting. The kettle reflections show several details such as the cupboards, hanging chandelier, windows, door, trees, and the obvious, cherries. Some cherries reflected aren't in the foreground either because they were further away from the kettle and not captured in the painting. I just painted their reflection because I found this more interesting, showing hidden perspective.
So, hope you enjoy this painting! Now I'm trying to decide between a cork screw or another glass apple. We'll soon see . . .

2 comments:

delia said...

AMAZING...AMAZING!!you are so talented.

Carole Rodrigue said...

Delia, thank you so much for the great ego boost!