Sunday, August 30, 2009

Standardbred

Standardbred Mare
16 x 20 original acrylic


Took a while to get here, but here's my latest painting. This was inspired from reference shots I took last year from a local Standardbred farm. This farm breeds pretty well known harness racing stock and I'd just love to visit the facilities themselves, especially in the spring time when these mares have their offspring. it's a beautiful property, full of beautiful horses, and I do so love the bays and blacks on the farm. I've got soooo many photos of these horses, but I've been wanting to paint this one for a long time now and I'm so happy it's finally out of my system and done! I've still got a little tweaking to do once I can get my studio back, which I hope is soon. This was painted from my kitchen, and I'm so happy to have reclaimed my kitchen !

I've already started working on another horse piece also, thanks to a very generous person in Arizona who's letting me paint her horse. He's part Arab, part Paint, and his coloring is so amazing. He's black and white, and even has lightning bolts! Yep, not kidding! What a beauty this stallion is! It's an honor to be painting this horse and I sure hope this piece turns out like what I'm picturing. I'll probably be painting a few pieces of this horse. So, a big thanks to Julie!

I must be off now. I've moved this horse to my family room since it's already a disaster area in there. Everything from my studio's been moved there while the studio's being built. Aren't renovations a joy? Ahem . . . sure. See you all soon with the next piece. Take care until then!

No comments: