Thursday, September 17, 2009

Beeeeautiful Horse!

Dante's Apache Dragon
24 x 18 original acrylic

Voila the latest piece! This horse is 3/4 Arabian and 1/4 Paint. He's a stallion from Arizona and belongs to Julie who was wonderful enough to let me paint this amazing horse. Of course, as with all my pieces, I might adjust and tweak, and the photo could've been better. The colors are slightly different in this photo, a little brighter than the painting. But, it was a rushed photo session since I was eager to share this painting. I can only hope I did him justice! As you can see from looking closely at his cheek on the running scene, Apache has a strike running across. He's got amazing coloring and I enjoyed painting this horse so much that I'm really getting a burning for painting more Paints or Pintos. Gotta love how nature throws some of that color around!

I'm already planning the next piece. This one is a still life, but with an equine theme, of course. Love those horses! So, please feel free to leave a comment or email me. Until next time, take care everyone!

No comments: