Monday, November 9, 2009

Copper and Squash

Copper & Squash
16 x 20 original acrylic


Word of advise to artists, don't try and take photos of paintings with a lot of black in them at night! It doesn't matter what you do, you'll get a glare. But I really wanted to post this one, so I went ahead even with the glare. I'll have to take a better photo outside when the weather permits.

So, that's the latest piece, a pumpkin, potato squash, and a little copper kettle I'd found at a bargain shop. It was pretty banged up, but still exquisite! I'll be using it again since it's once of those things that has so much charm.

I'm also glad to report that the 30 x 40 piece I donated to the Sudbury YMCA Art Auction sold! Yup! That makes me pretty happy since the money's going to an excellent community cause.

Right now I'm working on a dog commission, and then I need to do another one, so I will share those as well. But I've got a couple of great still lifes cooking up in my head and in fact, once I'm done on the computer I'm going to start setting up.

Hope you enjoy this piece, even though it's a dark photo with a lot of glare!

No comments: