Monday, February 22, 2010

Cherries and Pitcher

Cherries & Pitcher
16 x 20 original acrylic

I'm glad to say that I've finally found the time to finish this piece. There wasn't much left to do, but I've been working on several pieces, and finally got around to getting white napkins! You'd think everyone had those laying around the house, but not me. Other colors yes, but not white. So here you have it.

There are a lot of reflections in this piece, from the water pitcher, to the napkin, pitcher, and cherries reflected on the table as well. I loved painting the cherries.  I also loved eating them . . .  always a danger when painting food. Lucky for me I haven't painted cake or pie yet!

As I already mentioned, I'm working on a few pieces at the moment. I used to work on one piece at a time until completed, but lately, I'm finding myself inspired by more and more things, and when the inspiration wears off with one piece, I put it aside and work on something else. A lot of artists work this way, so it certainly does not make me unique.  

So what's on my easel now? I've put aside a large still life and a horse piece to work on another still life. Something with gold . . . Stay tuned!  So many ideas, so little time.

3 comments:

Colette Theriault said...

Absolutely stunning Carole! A sparkling still life!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Colett, thanks for dropping by and for the much appreciated compliment! Hope to see you this Wednesday at the meeting. I'll bring this piece and Charlie's Buddy for critique.

Carole Rodrigue said...

Oops! The "e" didn't go in. Meant to write Colette!