Sunday, April 11, 2010

No Bull Revisited


No Bull
11 x 14 original acrylic on canvas
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2010

So here's "No Bull" with the background changed. It used to be orange and I just didn't like it. It's not much of a change, I merely painted the background black, but I like it much better. It's so much more dramatic.

I'm still working on another still life, more pearls, jewelry box, and horse statue . . . I've lost 2 weekends in a row being away, so I'm really eager to get on with the painting. Losing 2 weekends is a lot of time in artistland!  Hopefully I can make up this time quickly. I've got so many ideas I'd like to get on canvas before the show in June. That doesn't leave much time. I do have enough pieces already, but I'd still like to get some fresher pieces in, especially a couple of the future mining series.

I'm also announcing ahead of time that I have been asked to give a 2 day workshop this summer. I will provide more details and give the specifics on my site once the date has been finalized. It should be an amazing, informative, and fun-filled 2 days!

Have a great week everyone, and I'm hoping to be done something else soon.  Thanks again for dropping in!

No comments: