Monday, April 26, 2010

Trésors II

Trésors II
16 x 20 original acrylic
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2010

Here's my latest piece, Trésors II.  I finally managed to finish this one last night.  And yes, it is a night shot with the flash creating a glare. I wonder if there is any way to photograph anything with so much black perfectly!  I love painting these still lives though, as well as adding the equine touch. Painting pearls is something I'm really growing to love as well, so this is giving me many ideas for future paintings. Hope you're enjoying this one. It will be displayed at my solo show in June  at Northern Flavours on Beech St. in Sudbury.  I'm planning on a grand opening/vernissage June 15th, but will confirm that date later. 

I also got myself a wonderful little Shih Tzu dog today. Her name is Taja and she is such a precious dog!  You'd expect a dog to have separation anxiety on her first night in a strange place, but she is just loving it here.  My cats, well, that's another story. We'll keep them separated for a while, but I'm really falling in love with this little dog already.  As I'm typing this out, she's still sniffing every corner, but keeps coming back to me to lay at my feet or to say hello. What a sweet thing!

That's it for now. I'm starting on a new piece, a mining piece for the show as well as waiting for a Muskoka chair to be delivered later this week. This will be painted with an equine theme and auctionned off for charity to send kids to camp. I'll show the chair once completed, as well as the latest piece.  Talk to you soon!

P.S.  I just found out why she was sniffing out every corner . . .  

No comments: