Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Project



This chair is a project I'm participating in for the Sudbury Manitoulin Children's Foundation Charity Chair Auction.  Since I paint a lot of equines, I wanted my contribution to be horsey, something warm, and dreamy.  I'm calling this one, "Running With The Spirit".  Painting this was something completely different for me and quite a pleasure!  It's also a great cause since the funds raised will help send kids to camp.

Please mark June 15th on your calendar also since that's the night of the wine and cheese for my solo art show. If you've checked out my website this week, you'll notice that I've partenered up with the YMCA in Sudbury and part of the sales from the solo show will go to the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign, which is another excellent cause!  The paintings will be exhibited until July 31st at Northern Flavours, but opening night with the vernissage is June the 15th.

If you feel I've not been posting much on my blog lately, you're right and I apologize. But!  The reason I'm not posting is because I'm working on some mining related still life paintings. A friend of mine bought an older home recently and found some really old mining helmets and an old lunch pail.  When she told me about these, my head started planning immediately, even before I'd seen what she had. My friend was kind enough to lend me these treasures which I'm now using as still life subjects. This only makes sense since Sudbury is a mining town and was founded as such.  These pieces will only be unveiled at the solo show and not before!!!

Some of you might also like to know that I've been asked to give a 2 day painting workshop in Barrie, Ontario. The 2 day workshop will consist of studying a live horse model and painting a close up shot with a reflective eye.  For more information or to reserve your spot, contact Laura at Three Girls And A Camera  or contact me.

And last but not least, for those of you in the state of New York, or those who are planning on visiting the Hudson Valley, make sure to check out HITS-On-The-Hudson's calendar of events for the equine art exhibition (click the "Releases" tab or the Equine Art Exhibit button). All of the art pieces, including mine, will be exhibited throughout the Hudson Valley during the summer, then move on to the Fletcher Gallery in August, then head to Saugerties for the Pfizer Million Dollar Grand Prix in September. If you'll be anywhere around there, you won't want to miss all of the spectacular art! This artshow is also raising money for Family of Woodstock, Inc . 

Okay, that's it for now. I think I've posted quite a few links on here!  Enjoy reading up, and take care until next time!

4 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

great blog and great art work.
God bless,

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much Gary! I saw some of your artwork and I've very much impressed with your works. Thanks again for the comments and for dropping in!

Colette Theriault said...

Wow Carole you sure have lots on your plate!! I LOVE your horse chair painting...great warm colors and amazing composition. I can't wait to see it finished!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thanks Colette! I decided to leave it at that for the chair. I think more would've been overkill. It was picked up today and should be on display soon so people can make bids. I don't have all the info, but I'll post it when I do! Btw, loved that photo of you at the Pentagon with your painting!!! How cool is that?