Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mining Pieces

Untitled
20 x 24 original acrylic
Copyright Carole Rodrigue

Hi everyone, here are my latest 2 pieces. They were inspired by old mining helmets my friend found in her house. I said I would do a series with these, but for now I'll leave it at 2 pieces. I do have a couple of ideas for more paintings, but there are so many other pieces I want to get to first!

I've also started working on another still life, chiaroscuro, clay vase. . .  I hope it will turn out as I envision it. There are also a few horse pieces I want to do, as well as a still life using a cow skull I purchased a few months back. It'll be something very Southwest.

Before I go, I'm reminding everyone that you are invited next Tuesday, June 15th, between 5-9 pm at Northern Flavours, 106 Beech St. in Sudbury for my vernissage. These 2 pieces are already hung there, and a portion of the sales will be donated to the Sudbury YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.  Hope to see you there!

No comments: