Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still Life

Clay Vase
20 x 24 original acrylic
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2010

Well, it's not tomorrow, but rather, a few days later. I haven't had the time to do the tweaking I want to do on this piece so I decided to post this photo all the same. 

This piece was inspired by a couple of matching vases I have, with each sitting in their own cabinet tower. One evening, the sun was coming in just right and creating this glow on the one vase.  I was fascinated by the way the light hit, so voila, a new painting was born!

I'm also working on a new website. I'm doing it through FASO, and so far so good!  Through this site, I'll even be able to work on this blog and have it posted there as well.  I will also have an option for a quarterly newsletter that you'll be able to subscribe to, as well as Facebook "Like" buttons.  I've got most of my photos uploaded and need to complete the rest when I have more time. I'd really like to get to Dancer's painting and get it done this weekend, if possible.

So, that's the scoop du jour and I will be back soon with more art!  Until then, be safe and take care!

No comments: