Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pear and Horse

Dreamer II
5 x 7 original acrylic
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2010

Here's the horse piece I was going to post a few days ago.  I'll be doing several horse eye studies and they'll all be part of a series called Dreamer. Horses always seem to have this distant, dreamy quality to their eyes, so I thought this was a fitting title.

I noticed after I'd finished this that it looks a lot like another piece I did a few years back called Pensive.  It's pure coincidence since they're not the same horse.  But, take 2 similarly colored horses with the same pose, and there you have it! 

Below is a study of a pear I completed minutes ago. Yes, just completed!  I absolutely love the pale colors and lighting in this and I'm inspired to paint several still lifes using this pale light.  A whiter shade of pale, as the song says . . .  I think I'll go set up the next one, perhaps using these tones.  Thanks for dropping in again!

Pear
5 x 7 original acrylic
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2010

No comments: