Monday, September 6, 2010

Tomato


Tomato
5 x 7 original acrylic
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2010


Sorry for the blurry photo, but I've been taking photos at night again and trying to keep the flash off.  I'm really not much of a photographer! 

Here's my latest miniature piece, simply titled, "Tomato". It was a race against time working on this tomato. It came from my aunt's garden and was oh so plump and ripe!  I started the painting and then couldn't complete it for a couple of days, so I kept nervously checking the tomato to ensure that it was still in good shape.  It lasted, but I really think it needs to be eaten by tomorrow.  I'll enjoy it . . .    :-D 

I will have another piece to post tomorrow, a silver goblet I found in a thrift store. Actually, there were two and I think I paid a dollar a piece. Not a bad investment for art props!  I've also worked on a horse today, which is done, except for a minor tweaking tomorrow.  I'll post that one in a couple of days.

In the mean time, this Friday is the equine art auction at the Hits-On-The-Hudson Pzifer $Million Dollar Grand Prix!  There are 85 lots to be auctioned, one of which is my painting, "Unconditional".  I'm told there will be remote bids allowed.  For more info, have a look at Hits' site:  http://www.hitsshows.com/
or The Fletcher Gallery:  http://www.fletchergallery.com/   I won't be attending the auction, unfortunately.  I really wish I could be there though!  If you'll be in the Woodstock, New York area, be sure to drop in! 

No comments: