Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chihuahua Pencil & Charcoal Portrait

 Chica
8 x 10 pencil & charcoal on paper
Hello again!  Here's Chica, a loveable Chihuahua which has been a pleasure to capture through art!  I drew Chica using an HB pencil, #8, a mechanical pencil, and charcoal.  I wanted to do a dark background so I could have light in the portrait.  It's pretty much done, but I want to keep tweaking it and adding more to the background.  Charcoal can be difficult to work with, so I have to go easy.  We'll see how it goes!

I have a small apple piece on my easel right now which I also plan on competing this week. Then, I'm not sure.  I've got soooo many pieces going through my mind that I'd like to start!  The trouble is deciding which I want to do!  I'll be sure to keep you posted.  Thanks for stopping by, but be sure to come back to see the apple!

No comments: