Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Winter Horse Painting

Cool Guy
16 x 20 original acrylic
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2011

Hello once again!  I'm pretty much done painting this one, although I might add a few touch ups.  I'm calling this one "Cool Guy" for obvious reasons, and also because he was cool!  He's a gorgeous Percheron that I photographed at a local ranch on one of the coldest days this winter.  It was so cold, I thought my fingers would fall off after being outside taking pictures for about five minutes.  I'm told this guy's name is Bobby, and taking photos of him and his friend was worth those painful fingers.  Bobby and his mate played the whole time I was there, acted coy at times, but both showed off and put on a great show for me. I could just tell it wasn't the first time they saw a camera.

The sunset was just amazing as well.  I got so many wonderful shots that day and have so many painting ideas that I might be painting these two horses for a long time.  There's someting about very crisp, cold air that makes the sky look extra beautiful, even more so than at any other time of year. Now if only it weren't so cold on such days so that more people could be outside to enjoy these skies!

I need to run along now, but as always, there's always something on my easel.  Thanks for stopping by and keep checking for more art! 

No comments: