Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Painting

Evening Gold
11 x 14 Oil on Canvas
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2011


Hello everyone, I'm busy in the studio painting with oils lately. The time has come for me to make the switch back to oils. I had gone to acrylics a few years ago mainly because of the versatility, ease of use, and due to my impatience to wait for a painting to dry before continuing with it. During the last few years, one of my goals was to work on my patience, which I have done. When it comes to my art, I do have more patience now. Also, for the last year, oils were beckoning me, and the pull to work with them again was strong. So, right now, I'm having fun playing with oil paints.

This piece is called "Evening Gold", and was inspired by an evening drive to Toronto during our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. The scenery was spectacular and I took photos during the ride.  I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I've enjoyed painting it!  Also, I'm now beginning to simply sign my name "Rodrigue" rather than my first initial and the last name. It's simpler this way and I like the sound. Rodrigue.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for dropping in!

No comments: