Sunday, February 5, 2012

Back To The Grind


Detail photo of work in progress
Pearls of Wisdom
20 x 16 original oil
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012


It's back to the grind folks!  Here is a detail shot of a painting I'm working on. It is an oil, and I'm almost done working on the copper statue.  I might be tweaking the background color as well.  I'm not certain yet if I'm satisfied with it, but I will be posting my progress with this painting. 

As you've just read, this piece is in oil, and most of my pieces from now on will be in oils.  Acrylics served me very well for a time, but oils are what I began painting with when I was a teenager, and the pull of its richness, workability, and yes, smells, were too strong to resist.  I'm having so much fun playing with my oils again, and I haven't felt this way about painting for a while.  Time for progress and embracing changes . . . 

Since I haven't posted since last year, please allow me this opportunity to also wish everyone a wonderful new year.  I am so happy to finally leave the last one behind and am looking forward to nothing but amazing things in the year to come.  I hope the same for all of you as well!

Thanks for dropping in and looking.  A follow up will be coming in the next few days. 

No comments: