Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Winter Scene

Winter Day
30 x 10 original oil on canvas
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012


Voila, a winter scene for you!  This piece is now completed and I can totally devote myself to the lemon painting now.  I love painting snow scenes once in a while. This was inspired by a drive in the Collingwood area last winter. It was a beautiful mild winter day, snow falling on and off, and I was taking photos from the car as we drove by.  Some scenes were just too irresistable not to inspire art!

The lemon piece is progressing quite well also. I hesitate to post any photos at this stage because each painting goes through what I call the ugly stage, where layers are built upon without detail. I am now ready to start adding detail though, so I might be posting some photos soon, even before it is complete.  For now though, the winter scene is all you get . . . 

Thanks for looking and I'll be back really soon!  :-) 

4 comments:

Colette Theriault said...

WOW!! So LOVELY!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much Colette!

Peter Lindsay said...

Great winter scene Carole!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Peter, thank you so much!