Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Little Treasures


Winter Day II
4 x 6 original oil
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012


Purple Coneflower
4 x 6 original oil
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012


Hi everyone, I'm working on a larger still life at the moment, which needs to dry a little before I can continue.  It will have a lot of small details, so it will take some time.

In the mean time, I painted these two Little Treasures.  I will be participating in the Art in Bloom Show on June 3rd here in Sudbury, so I'm getting cracking painting several smaller pieces for the show.  I thought a coneflower would be just perfect for an art show in a garden!  I just might paint more flowers, I'll see which way I feel inspired. 

As for the winter scene, well, I always enjoy painting winter scenes, even in May when I'm so thankful the snow is finally gone! 

I hope you enjoy these and I will paint more small ones in between drying times for larger pieces.  Thanks for coming to have a look and I'll be back soon!  :-) 

2 comments:

photo to painting said...

Glorious and colorful Paint. I love it!


Portrait Artist

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much! And thanks for taking the time to drop in and have a look also. :-D