Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Strawberry

Strawberry
5 x 7 original oil on masonite
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012


Yum, strawberries!  It's almost strawberry season and as with each summer, I eagerly anticipate biting into a freshly picked strawberry. They certainly have a unique taste that can only be found when in season.  I had been wanting to paint a strawberry for a long time now, so there you go. I do plan on painting more in the future. Mmm, chocolate coated strawberries . . . They're a challenge with all the little seed pits, various shades of red, highlights, and shadows. 
Hope you enjoy this one.  I started a miniature of a seagull today which is almost complete.  I'll post it as soon as I can, as well as a lemon I'll be working on tonight. These will be for sale at the Art in Bloom show June 3rd.  Have a great day everyone and thanks for dropping in!

No comments: