Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hi there!  I'm popping in briefly just to keep you updated.  Below is a photo I took of an 18 x 24 oil painting I'm working on of several strawberries.  This piece is taking up a lot of my time, but I'm taking my time.  I want this one to turn out exactly as I'm picturing it and nothing else will do!  Red paints dry very slowly as well, so the detail work is taking time. I hope you enjoy what you see so far!

I've also posted a photo of me holding Simplified Living Magazine's summer edition. There's an article on yours truly and I'm so grateful that they chose to write about  me.  Visit their website for a list of places that carry the magazine.  It is a beautiful publication and the quality is exemplary!
This past weekend I also participated in a fund raiser for the Art in Bloom here in Sudbury.  The weather did not at all cooperate. It was a very cold rainy day, except for a few sunny breaks.  But like the saying goes, the show must go and on it did. 

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you enjoy the photos.  I'll post another progress shot of the strawberries soon!


Untitled Strawberries Work in Progress
18 x 24 original oil
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012



Here's little ole me sitting in my studio holding a copy of Simplified Living Magazine



Here I am again at the fundraiser during a brief sunny break. I shared a booth/tent with my good friend, artist Colette Theriault

No comments: