Saturday, July 14, 2012

Strawberry Painting

Yum
18 x 24 original oil
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012


Finally, here it is, the completed strawberry painting!  I called it Yum because that's what I think every time I look at strawberries. 

I have to admit that painting this one was challenging.  Adding in all those seeds and creating the lighting and shadows for each was tedious and at times frustrating.  I had to take a break from this one for a while before I continued on with the leaves.  There was a point where I told myself I didn't want to paint strawberries again for a long, long time.  Now, I'm sort of planning other ones . . . lol.  Maybe strawberries will become a new obsession.

Now, if only I could photograph this one properly.  I had to use my phone again to take this photo since my other cameras create too much glare reflecting on the oil paints.  I'm going to take this one outside tomorrow in the shade and see if I can get a good shot before posting it to my website. 

I've also completed a horse piece this week, a beautiful bald-faced paint horse with blue eyes.  I will post this one tomorrow.  Thanks so much for having a look and I'll be back tomorrow with a new painting!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

This actually looks like a photograph! That would have been so hard to do! Simple and lovely. I am a photography student and I am researching food photography at the moment and came across your work, but I thought I'd leave a comment to let you know its really good. Well done from Scotland! :)

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you Shannon! I'm quite pleased that you enjoy this. :-)