Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Shih Tzu Pastel Pet Portrait


Taja
12 x 9 soft pastel on velour paper
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012

Here's the love of my life, my dog Taja.  I painted Taja before and I think I wrote about her, but let me just briefly retell. 

Taja came into our home just over two years ago.  She was already one year old at the time, and although I really wanted a puppy, I fell in love with Taja the instant we met.  She's a typical Shih Tzu, full of love and fun. She absolutely adores everyone she meets and thinks that everyone is her "people".  These dogs were bread to be around people and this little one lives up to her breed's reputation.  Taja just loves everyone and has the sweetest disposition I've ever encountered in a dog.  That is unless she meets up with a big dog, but that's a story better left for another time . . .

In case you missed my last post, you can also get a portrait of your pet for only $100.00.  I'm not certain how long I'll be having this limited special for, but do take advantage of a low-cost pastel pet portrait of your fur baby.  Now's the perfect time to commission a portrait for a Christmas gift also! Don't wait until the last minute.  Feel free to contact me with your inquiries. 

Thank you for stopping by and I'll be back soon with either an oil still life I'm working on or something in soft pastels. 

No comments: