Saturday, September 15, 2012

Still Life with Red

Newton's Apple
24 x 36 Oil on Canvas
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012


My latest painting is a contemporary still life that is inspired by the color red, as you can see.  I was recently approached by Artists on Elgin here in Sudbury to have a solo exhibition in April 2013. I'm very honored that I was asked immediately began to plan my show. 

So many ideas for a theme were coming to me, but for some reason I kept seeing red.  Each time I tought I'd come up with an idea, I would see red.  Once I realized that red kept popping into my mind, I decided that this would be the theme: Seeing Red.  I can't begin to tell you about all of the ideas for wonderful paintings that I'm coming up with!  Red is such an exciting, bold, and rich color to work with, and yes, even difficult. I am keeping my paintings under wraps, however, and will only reveal the whole at the show's opening reception in April.  This piece will be utilized for all advertisement, as soon as it dries enough for a better photo, so I am showing this one.  Please don't despair though.  I will show detail shots here and there, so please bare with me until April. It would also be wonderful to see you there!

Also, I am still offering the $100.00 special on pastel pet portraits, but only for a very limited time.  I am very busy whipping up a whole lot of still life pieces for the show, so this special will not last very much longer. Yes folks, the time will soon come when I will only paint still life.

Thank you so much for stopping by and having a look.  Have a great weekend everyone and I'll be back soon with a portrait of a Boxer I've been commissioned to do. 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful still life!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much Hilda and thank you for following! =)