Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Newest Still Life


Three Apples
36 x 24 Oil
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012

Okay, I know I'd previously said that I wouldn't be posting any works for my upcoming show in April, but I can't not post anything!  Yes, I'm an exhibisionist, with my art that is, so I need to show my work, otherwise, the suspense kills me.  So here you have it, my latest piece.

This is a rather large one and a photo just does not do it justice.  I must admit that I love looking at the larger life version.  The impact is dramatic.  I love large paintings and larger than life subject matter. 

I'll be showing another soon, perhaps by the end of this week and I am at the halfway point on another.  Having a show planned is keeping me on my toes and in the studio painting daily, which is the way I like things to be.

Well, I'm off to tend to my art and will be back soon.  Hope you enjoy this one and thanks for dropping in!

4 comments:

Carole said...

Love this. Do you remember my post about the nz artist Billy Apple? http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/billy-apple-but-is-it-art.html

Good luck with your show.

Carole Rodrigue said...

I must confess that I hadn't seen the post until now. The Billy Apple is fascinating and ironically, apples seem to have taken a prominent place in this series of works. I have apples in three pieces thus far, and a fourth includes a glass apple. All of this wasn't planned and just happened. There will be red apples in pieces to come also. Thank you Carole!

hmuxo said...

Absolutely beautiful AND flawless!
Congratulations!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I'm so glad that you enjoy it! And thank you for the kind words and for dropping by again. I truly appreciate all of your visits. =)