Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Still Life with Books


Stories
20 x 24 Oil on Canvas
Copyright 2012 Carole Rodrigue


Well, I'm a little embarrassed.  I completed this piece two weeks ago and completely forgot to share!  I've been so busy working in the studio that I'm not remembering to do simple things like posting on my blog.  Shame on me!

Like I'd mentioned before, this piece has an apple, albeit a glass one.  Painting the books was a challenge but I do love to paint books. I absolutely love paintings with books in them and I will be painting more.  The writing is the challenging part as well as the tiny graphics, but hey, if I wanted easy I'd paint abstract. No offense intended toward my abstract painting or loving friends.  

Since completing this piece,  I started work on a large piece with apples again but after working on it for two weeks, I've put it aside.  It wasn't going the way I wanted it to so rather than let frustration build I decided to let it rest until a later time. Of course I've been working on another piece, however.  The piece I'm currently working on is a sexy piece.  Yes, sexy.  It has red of course, and Venetian masks.  I don't want to talk too much about it, but I am looking forward to its completion so I can share.  This time I promise I won't forget!

Until next time, take care and thanks for dropping in!

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is a beautiful still life, Carole!! The reflection in the silver goblet is excellent! Congratulations!

Clinton Hobart said...

Nice work! Excellent job on the books, I love painting them too....

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you both so much for your comments.

Clinton, I'm grateful that you enjoy this one. You are one of those artists that inspire me and that I look up to.