Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Something Different . . .

 
PASSé
12 x 12 Oil
Carole Rodrigue Copyright 2012
 
(Photo taken with iPhone since this produces less glare, and no, I don't smoke!)


Here's my latest still life using red paint.  This is a little different from my usual work.  This painting shows how much my art is evolving and continually changing.  I believe this evolution is crucial in the life of an artist.  Stagnate and you disappear.  I love the simplicity in this piece.

PASSé, although seeming simple, is somewhat complex.  It is layered in meaning, although I leave this to the viewer since there is so much that can be read into this painting.  I even had one person tell me she loved this because it stired certain feelings in her, feelings of a sexual nature.  Of course this at first surprised me but after giving it much thought, I supposed that this shouldn't really be surprising.  Art touches people on so many different levels and in many different ways.  This is why I don't like to always explain a piece or talk about what I wanted to convey.  Doing so could prevent viewers from feeling and experiencing what naturally comes to them, and who am I to say what something should mean to someone?

I have completed another painting for this series which I will post tomorrow.  The paint needs to dry a little so that I can photograph it with less glare.  If not, iPhone again!  Until tomorrow, have a wonderful night and sleep well.  Thank you for dropping in. ♥

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful work, Carole as always!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much! I'm happy you enjoy this one too. And thank you for coming to have a look. :-)