Monday, December 3, 2012

Venetian Masks


The Unveiling
18 x 24 Oil
Copyright Carole Rodrigue 2012

I'm so happy to show you this painting.  I've just completed it and might still tweak it a little, but for now I've decided that I'm done with it and put my signature on it. 

Venetian masks and masquerade balls have such an aura of mystery and romance.  This painting, for example, does tell a story, but I'll leave that to the viewer.  I don't like telling much about a painting and would rather let the art speak for itself and let the viewer create his own story.  It's much more interesting that way and makes it more personal for the viewer.  I also love to hear everyone's interpretations. 

As usual with having to take a photo indoors and at the mercy of the camera flash, there is a glare and some darker parts have picked this up. This painting looks so much better in person, with both the white and red satin looking rich, and the black mask reflecting tiny sparkles.  Someone can also read the note from up close!  ;-)

So that's it my friends and now I'm off to work on some more pieces.  I really hope you do enjoy this one.  Oh, and I told you it was a sexy painting . . .

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful piece!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoy this one too. And thank you for stopping by again. I do so appreciate your visits. :-)