Monday, January 28, 2013

Apples Again?



Yes! Apples! Who would've ever thought that apples could be such a fascinating thing to paint? That they are, however, which explains why they've been a favourite subject for centuries. I don't know if I'll ever tire of painting apples.

I must admit also that I never thought I would complete this piece. I had started this one over two months ago and then put it aside out of frustration. I just wasn't feeling it. I went back to it just over a week ago after a friend encouraged me to give it another go. I'm glad I did. I really love how this finally developed and I just love how it feels. I hope you do as well.

Another painting is getting started tomorrow and should everything go as planned, I should be done by the weekend. Until then, thanks for stopping by and have a great week!



"Red Apples"
24 x 36 oil
Carole Rodrigue Copyright 2013

No comments: