Monday, January 21, 2013

Contemporary Still Life -- Trompe L'Oeuil

Hello again. As promised, here is the painting I completed yesterday. It is a trompe l'oeuil done in oils and was inspired by the works of Claudio Bravo. If you're not familiar with Bravo's work, I highly encourage you to do a Google image search. He was a fabulous realist artist who was himself inspired by realists of the 19th century. I must say that I've had a bit of an obsession with Bravo's work lately and can study his works endlessly.

Once again I am forced to post this through mobile because of issues with Blogger not letting me upload from a pc, so I'm keeping this short. I'm returning to a painting I had started two months ago and am again feeling good enough about it to go back and finish it. I do hope to be done later in the week. Take care until then.

2 comments:

Colette Theriault said...

Glad that you are going back to your painting Carole. This piece is fantastic and I understand how you got your inspiration...what is not to love of Bravo's work!?

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you Colette. I have you to thank for returning to finish the other painting. I appreciate that you were able to give me a fresh perspective on it. And yes, Claudio is amazing! :-)