Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cherries!

Bowl of Cherries
18 x 14 Oil
Carole Rodrigue Copyright 2012
 
Here's my latest painting, lovely rich and juicy cherries. I love painting cherries and capturing the varying reds and dark tones they have.

My technique for cherries is again a series of layers and glazes. I used two different reds in this, Quinacridone red and Alizarin, each mixed with minute drops of either black or blue as needed. I think there are about five layers of work on the cherries. Some things just can't be rushed. :-)

I have one or two more pieces I now need to start for my show in April. I've been playing with arrangements for another Venetian mask piece but haven't settled on anything that sings to me yet. I'd better play around some more because I really need to get this drawn out and have my under painting done today! Pressure. So on that note, I need to get at it. Thank you for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful Sunday morning. :-)

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you again! I truly appreciate you coming to see my art and I'm happy you enjoyed this one too. :-)