Friday, February 8, 2013

White China and Strawberry




Solitaire
18 x 14, oil
Carole Rodrigue Copyright 2013


I had hoped to complete this piece last week but that goal was a tad ambitious. The white China required several layers of glazing in order to get the tones just right. So, this meant drying in between each layer, and this is where I reach deep down inside and summon up all the patience I need.

This piece is titled Solitaire since there is one of each item and because this is also the name of this particular Lenox china. This set is precious to me and is so beautiful. I do intend to use it often in future works.

I am working on another piece which, dare I say, I hope to complete in about a week. At least, that's what I'm shooting for. I'm nearing completion on the series for my solo exhibit in April within the next few weeks. I'm so looking forward to this show and will keep you posted. Have a nice weekend!



2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful piece!!! Congratulations!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Many thanks! I'm happy you like it. :-)