Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Seashells and Eggshells Completed

Shells
12 x 36 Oil
Carole Rodrigue Copyright 2013


I'm a little late . . .

Although this piece has been finished for over a couple of weeks, I didn't want to post a photo yet because I hadn't had time to take a decent one.  As I've said before, painting with dark colours makes it darned near impossible to take a photo without glare unless I hired a professional photographer with special lighting and lenses. I can't afford to do that . . .

I've also been recovering from surgery last week.  I found out just over a month ago that I had a nasty gallbladder, so we decided to take it out.  The deed was done last Wednesday and I've been home resting. Despite a very rough few days, recovery is going well and each day is better.  I was even able to take the dog on a short walk yesterday although that wore me out halfway through and I was afraid I wouldn't have the strength to make it back home, but I did.  It might have been pushing things a tad.  The dog didn't enjoy my slow pace anyway.  But enough of that.

I've also managed to complete another painting that I had started before surgery.  I'll take photos tomorrow, weather permitting since I'll be doing this outside to avoid light pollution.  I hope you enjoy this one and I'll be back later.  Take care!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful piece! Congratulations!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you!