Thursday, July 11, 2013

Peony Painting Completed

Peony in Teapot
14 x 18 Oil
Carole Rodrigue copyright 2013


As promised, here is the completed peony painting.  The photo doesn't do it justice, as photos rarely do.  This was a truly fun painting and I will paint more florals in the future. 

Now I need to start working on a very large piece.  It's a 36 x 48, the largest I've ever painted.  It'll have the colour turquoise in it and I'm exciting to be starting on this new project.  There's something about the planning stages of a painting along with the starting of the actual canvas lay out and blocking in that just excites me to no end.  Each start is like the promise of a new beginning, something completely exciting waiting to surprise me just around the corner.  It's part of the artistic process for me and is addicting.  I'm not sure if this happens to other artists, but the rush I get at the beginning of each new piece is fuel that keeps me painting.  Soul fuel, and that's a good thing. 

Thanks for having a look at this piece and I'll be back soon with a progress report on the new piece. 

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Carole, as always I love your work, but this one is truly my favorite. You have an incredible talent for realistic painting. I can't wait to see your next work of art. :)

Jenny said...

Carole, I always love all of your paintings, but this is truly my favorite! I can't wait to see your next work of art.

Carole Rodrigue said...

Jenny, thank you! Nothing makes me happier than comments like yours. :-D

hmuxo said...

This is fantastic, Carole! An AMAZING piece!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I started a new one so stay tuned! :-)