Sunday, July 7, 2013

Teapot and Peony Progress









Hi everyone. I must confess that I haven't spent much time in the studio, but did manage to get to the paint brushes a couple of times. 

This is where I'm at so far. I've pretty much completed the teapot and have started working on the peony petals. They've just been started so there is still a long way to go, but I'm pleased with how the painting is coming along. I'm loving the feel and mood of this piece and I hope that once it's completed, the viewer will feel the same. I'm really enjoying working on this one and hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week. 

Also, if you're in the area, I have some work showing at the La Cloche Juried Art Show in Whitefish Falls. It's a great show so be sure to stop by and see some wonderful art if you're headed to Manitoulin Island. In the meantime, you all take care, and thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I'm looking forward to the end of the week to see this piece finished..so far, I love it!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thanks! I've been so inspired lately by wonderful artists such ad Ning Lee and Larry Preston. They paint such exquisite florals and their work has given me the urge to paint flowers. :-)