Friday, August 16, 2013

An Honour

A couple of months ago, I was asked to hang some art at the mayor's office. I didn't have anything ready at the time, but this morning I was pleased to hang three pieces. These three were Still Life withTurquoise Vase, Peony in Teapot, and Apples & Books. 

I'm honoured that I was even asked. The great Ivan Wheale had his paintings hung there before me so I'm not ashamed to say I'm quite proud.  Mayor Matichuk really liked the turquoise vase piece too. And to that I say, cool! :-D

Here are a couple of photos I took. I would've like to have a nice photo taken with the mayor, but she seemed quite busy and I was too shy to ask. Maybe some day I'll be able to have a photo taken with her and my work.  :-)

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

What an honor and well deserved to have your painting hung up in the Mayor's office!!! I love the still life with the Turquoise vase!!! Fantastic piece!!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thanks! I'm thrilled about this. And the vase painting is much better in person; it is a huge 36 x 48. Huge!