Friday, August 2, 2013

Cracked Eggshells Daily Painting


Cracked Eggshells
5 x 7 oil on masonite
Carole Rodrigue Copyright 2013

Here is today's daily painting up for auction on eBay. This one was a challenge.  Although eggs might look easy, they are far from being so.  There's a lot involved in painting a good egg: various colours, lighting and reflected light, shadows, values . . . To not pay attention to all of these would produce a bad egg.  I don't like bad eggs, so I took my  time.  I'm quite satisfied with the results and I hope you are too.  If you're interested in placing a bid, click here

2 comments:

Clinton Hobart said...

I've painted eggshells a few times..Nope, not easy at all!!
Really nice job on them!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Clinton, I'm honoured you think so. A comment like this coming from an accomplished artist such as yourself means a lot. Thank you. :-D