Friday, August 23, 2013

Lemon & China Cup No. 2 Daily Painting


Lemon & China Cup No. 2
5 x 7 Oil on masonite
Carole Rodrigue Copyright 2013

Today's painting of the day is another with a lemon.  I'm just loving painting lemons lately but I'll move on to something else tomorrow or Sunday.  It's not easy thinking of something new and fresh to paint every day.  I'm also beginning to truly enjoy painting alla prima (painting wet into wet paint in one sitting).  I have to admit that this is something I wasn't fond of before, but it's becoming a lot of fun.  This little treasure was completed in about 1.5 hours from start to finish.  The fun part is learning to let go of every little detail and limiting brush strokes and layers.  It's somewhat liberating, although for larger pieces I will still paint in my slow and methodical way, nit-picking at the details. 

This painting is available through eBay auction by clicking here

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Absolutely beautiful, Carole!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you!